Bamboo Fence Care Tipstomatocrust
Bamboo Fences are easy to care and maintain. Follow our tips to rejuvenate your Bamboo fence panels.
- Spray the bamboo with a cleaning solution—you can use a dilute solution of vinegar and water or a mild soapy solution.
- Allow the solution 20-30 minutes to dry completely.
- Use a stiff bristle brush or broom to scrub the surface.
- Wash the bamboo to get rid of the debris using a power hose or pressure washer.
- Allow two days for the bamboo to dry—it’s wise to check the weather forecast before you start this job! We recommend you use Barrentine’s wood preserver or something similar, and apply according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Barrentine comes in a range of colours, and bear in mind that after five to seven years, you can bring back most of the natural colour or change the look of the bamboo completely – use Bamboo care oil it works great against wood-boring insects, fungi and blue stain. It also contains wax and water repellents.
- A restored bamboo fence looks as good as new and the fences are robust, sturdy and long-lasting. If you want to replace an old fence with bamboo, we have a large selection of fences we sell by the metre that can be used and we are happy to advise.